I had a strange thing happen, so thought I'd share it. But before I tell the story, I will tell you that I caught a gross looking black cat with big yellow eyes stringing our recycling out on our lawn last week. Brooke was here and helped me chase him away. This cat is always getting into garbage somewhere in our neighborhood.
This week I was helping put food baskets together for low income families. I had the trunk of my car full of food for a particular family. I tried to call them, but was not able to reach them, so I left a message on their answering machine and went home. After I arrived home, I started to put the perishable food in my refrigerator until I could deliver it. I left my trunk open since I had to go back and get more food out of the car, to put in the refrigerator. When I returned to my car... Yes, you guessed it, there was that darn cat in my trunk ripping a flour tortilla bag open and eating it. When he saw me, he jumped out of the trunk, leaving a few nice scratches on the bumper of my car. Who would ever have thought such a thing could happen? When I told the story to Marc, he said "Why didn't you just close the trunk and drive straight to the animal control." Boy, do I wish I would had thought of that! It all happened so fast, and I was so surprised, I guess I just wasn't thinking. But now... I have a plan!
No comments:
Post a Comment