Friday, November 5, 2010
Interesting Conversation
The other night as I was taking to Brooke on the phone, I ask her what was on her Christmas wish list. I was hoping to get some good ideas as to what might be of interest to her. So she began to give me a small list, which seemed to be a pretty appropriate one for a young girl of her age. When out of the clear blue sky she said, "Grandma, please don't give me a gift card to one of those "adult only stores"... I don't like those kind of stores at all!" She proceeded to tell me, that she didn't like it when her mom makes her go to an "adult only store" with her. Brooke then said, "My mom always makes me go with her and she stays way too long. She tells me we will only be there for five minutes, but we are usually there for at least one hour!" At that point I was laughing uncontrollably, which seemed to confuse Brooke. I then ask her what kind of "adult only stores" she was talking about. It was then, that she informed me, that she was talking about stores that carry "only clothing for grown-ups" and not children. Like Maurice's, Dress Barn, Eddy Bauer, Victoria's Secret etc. Wow, what a relief... Kids, you gotta love them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment