Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Arrival

As I looked out the window this morning, I saw "Mrs. Quail" and her new little ones enjoying themselves in our backyard. They were so fun to watch scurrying around. They're are so small it is hard to see them... they're not much taller than a blade of grass. This is not the best picture, but the best I could get before they ran off.

A few minutes later as I was in the kitchen, I heard a strange sound and turned to see a squirrel that had jumped onto our table umbrella from the deck ledge. He kept running in circles on the umbrella making a scratching noise. When he saw me, he jumped from the umbrella into the big tree in the back yard. I have never seen a squirrel jump that far... it almost looked like he was flying. Unfortunately, I'm not that fast with my camera and didn't get a video.

No comments: