Friday, February 27, 2009

A Week in Oregon

Last week we went to Portland for a computer conference. One evening as we were driving back from a great dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, we saw lots of people heading to the Rose Garden Arena. We decided there must be a Portland Trail Blazers Game. We quickly went back to our hotel and jumped on the Max and went to the arena. When we arrived, the first quarter was almost over so we decided to buy the "nose bleed seats" and go anyway. When we found our seats they were on the very top row of the arena. I have never been so high in an arena before, and not so sure I want to again, but we had fun anyway. Except for the obnoxious man that was sitting next to us... by the time the game was over I think Marc was almost deaf from the man screaming in his ear. I guess that's what happens when you buy the "cheap seats"!

On Friday afternoon we headed for Corvallis to visit with Amas, Cheridy and Brooke. We spent a nice evening with them looking at pictures of their recent trip to Bolivia and Peru. The next afternoon we all went to Portland to spend the night. We planned to go to OMSI the next day. After dinner Cheridy, Brooke and I left Marc and Amas at the hotel and went to get some Starbucks Coffee. We ended up (as Marc said when he called us to find out where we were) "lost at the Mall". We had a good time and Cheridy found some great bargains. While Cheridy was finding the best deals of the year, I was enjoying being entertained by Brooke as she paraded around the dressing room in "big clothes"... I wish I would have had my camera!

Here is Brooke waiting patiently for everyone to get ready to go to OMSI... she really enjoys going there! Here is Brooke at one of the exhibits at OMSI.

They had a wonderful exhibit of Leonardo Da Vinci. It was fascinating; they did a great job putting the display together. I never realized all the things he did in his lifetime, it made my head swim. Anyway, we were fortune to get this replica of the Mona Lisa while we were there.

1 comment:

ca said...

I had fun too!

Love,
Brooke