Just for fun our technology club decided to have a sumobot competition at Kennewick High. It was a test of design and programming skills. There were seven robots in the competition and it was enjoyed by all. We used a camcorder to display the event on a big screen, played some loud music, and pushed each other around.
I created a bot with a little different design and of course I was the target of every student. The one I created made it to the finals, but was finally beat by a student bot. It had a scoop on the front that would come down once the bout started and was used to push the other bot out of the ring. We use infrared sensors to help locate our opponents and push them out. The following video clip shows our final competition where all of the bots are thrown in the ring together and the last one standing is the winner. In that event my bot came out on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment